Pages

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Unmotivated update

I've been having a difficult time finding motivation. I'm blaming it on night shift. It seems no matter how much I sleep, I still feel exhausted. I feel like there is a constant fog in my brain, and usually my solution is sleep or brainless Internet surfing.

Yesterday, I came home after working a 12-hour night shift, watched about 30 minutes of The Hangover, and went to bed. I meant to sleep until noon, since I was off last night, but ended up waking at 4pm. (I got about 6.5 hours of uninterrupted sleep) Then at midnight I went to bed and slept until 8:30 this morning. And yet I couldn't pull myself off of the couch or computer. Last week I was doing pretty good. I limited my time on the computer, I got up and started doing things before 10am, but I was motivated. I had a housewarming/birthday party to prepare for. I need to get some more unpacking done, and yet I always find myself saying "I'll do it tomorrow I have a couple more nights off." And then, when it has been a day I start to say "I have to go back to work soon, so I should just relax." It's pathetic really...

I was finally able to get out of the house at 3pm. And now I need to go make dinner for the hubby, as I have water aerobics tonight....so much for this post.

Tonight it is "French Onion Burgers" from The Campbell's Kitchen. I saw it on a commercial, and thought it looked good. We'll see...

2 comments:

  1. How long do you have to do the night shift nurse neagle?

    ReplyDelete
  2. through the month of February. Then I'm back to day shift for 2 months.

    ReplyDelete