Pages

Monday, February 15, 2010

An icy surprise

Day 35/36.

Aunti still has not come for a visit. The guest room is all made up, but remains empty. If both (pregnancy tests and period) are still negative by this time next week, I'll be going in to get some blood drawn. I can't handle the suspense.

Unfortunately, even if I am preggo, I'm a high risk for miscarriage since I just got off of the pill.

I've got some very slight cramping going on right now, so chances are I'll have a visitor in the next couple days.

In other news...

On Saturday, my family took Jamaal and I to Tokyo Steakhouse for dinner to celebrate our birthdays. Mine isn't until March 23, but my brother will begin coaching baseball at his school, and is super busy in March because of that. And Saturday was the first day we were all available to go out for Jamaal's.

We were all having a good time. We were actually nearly done, he was about to serve us our steak when a waitress spilt diet coke down my back. It was a shocker. It was freezing cold, but all I could think about was the fact that the shirt I was wearing was brand new, and it was hand wash only. And it wasn't really all that cheap. I think it was $24 but I really liked it, and I never really treat myself with new clothes all that often. I usually only buy from the clearance racks anymore. The rest of dinner I was freezing cold. It got on my jeans and on my underwear as well, so it was uncomfortable to walk. I kept feeling as though I wet myself. I was in shock when it happened and didn't really want to talk about it. Later my waitress came up (as the girl who did it was simply refilling our drinks to help our waitress) and apologized and said that my drinks would be free. It really was a slap to my face. My $2 diet coke (with free refills) was free. And my brand new shirt was possibly ruined? And I did not enjoy my food, or the fact that I was out to dinner with my family, as much as I would have with dry clothes. As we were getting ready to leave I started to cry. And I had a very hard time stopping. I really really didn't want to cry. I didn't fight the fact that I felt at the very least that girl should have bought me dinner. After the fact, I wished I would have told them how I felt, but I also know that she didn't do it on purpose. It was an accident...but definitely not worth a free $2 drink.

1 comment:

  1. Oh goodness! That is a surprise. Sorry your dinner was pretty much ruined :( They surly should have offered to buy your dinner. I can understand how you wouldn't want to talk about it.

    ReplyDelete