Pages

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Exciting News.

Day 41/42.

I've been freaking out. While I want to get pregnant, I am not quite ready to get pregnant right now. I need to figure out my cycle first and get to know my body. Also, I would prefer to look a little less like a fat cow at my good friend Kristina's wedding in August. :)

After working all night Friday night, I got home on Saturday morning, showered and got in the car to drive to Portland. We went to see Bret's new house that he bought, and to play beer pong. I was nervous, because it was day 40/41 and I was beginning to be concerned. And then, in the car, I was nauseated. Only slightly, but still nauseated. I felt bloated and slightly crampy. I got so nervous that I went out and bought 2 different types of pregnancy tests (secretly) and didn't tell anyone that I took one.

It was negative. But then, as everyone went out into the garage to play beer pong I stayed inside. I really didn't feel very good. Pizza did not sound good, carrots and banana and wheat thins were all that sounded good to me. Then, as I was sitting on the couch I realized I felt wet, you know, down there.

When I went to the bathroom to check, I found very slippery, clear cervical mucous. There was a lot of it. Since I have been on the pill for nearly 5 years now, I haven't really had any cervical mucous, so this was a huge thing for me to notice. It hit me that I wasn't pregnant, I was ovulating.

Today, when I got home, I took an ovulation test, and it was immediately positive.

So while I am slightly disappointed that I'm not pregnant, I am very excited that I ovulated. I'm hoping that it continues to be quite obvious when I do ovulate like it was this time. Though I hope that my cycles shorten a little as it has been a very stressful month.

Kristina, it was a very very short trip, next time I'll come visit you, I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment