Pages

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Vitamins and minerals

Prior to my realization this weekend that I wasn't pregnant, I was freaking out. Here is the situation:

Jamaal, Bret, Joe and I go to Safeway, because I don't feel very good and I want ginger ale, cranberry juice, tums, wheat thins and nilla wafers.

I also secretly wanted to buy a pregnancy test. But, I didn't want them to know. The boys decide once they are done following me around, that they should get chips and pretzels to snack on later in the night. This was my chance to break for it.

When I get to the pregnancy test spot, however, there are none available for purchase, instead you have to go to the pharmacy desk or service desk to purchase them. Because apparently they are at risk of being stolen. (Food can also be stolen...)

Of course, there is a line at the pharmacy, but on a turnstile thing near the bottom, I find this:


If you remember, I was thinking about buying one of these babies online, but didn't know what size to get. This little baby is way too big really for my current vitamin regimen, but everything fits with plenty of room. There is a divider for AM and PM meds, that comes out easily. But for now, I'll leave it in so I can take two calcium chews per day.  

Back to the story....since I was freaking out, thinking I was pregnant, I thought it would be prudent of me to begin taking vitamins regularly. So I purchased the medication organizer.

The boys, by this time, were waiting for me at the front, wondering what had gotten into me. I wish I had a picture, but I was carrying cranberry juice, the boxes of wheat thins and nilla wafers, and the pill organizer. We left the store, and I was trying to figure out how I would get back there later.

The ginger ale I went with was awful, I chose a 2 liter of Safeway brand Diet, and it was terrible. I prefer Canada Dry Diet any day. Lesson learned...

Also, we decided on Papa Murphy's for dinner, so I was in charge of picking it up. This trip, I also picked up a couple bananas and carrots, which both sounded good to me. It is interesting to me, that I had pretty severe food cravings last weekend. I knew exactly what sounded good to me, which made me think that I was pregnant even more. I'm anxious to see what I'll be like when actually pregnant...

What a basket case.

Once I realized I was ovulating, I went on to play beer pong and did horribly. Jamaal and I were partners, and at one point we had only 1 cup left on our side, and hadn't gotten a single cup on their side. Of course I got blamed for being lousy. Oh well...

No comments:

Post a Comment