Pages

Saturday, August 30, 2008

The joys of renting 3

Well I went downstairs before work and noticed that Jamaal had turned on the pull switch light over my embroidery machine. So I went in the laundry room to turn it off, and there was water splashed on a plastic box...

Upon further inspection, I noticed that there was a big puddle on the ground, and the water was creeping toward the carpet in the main room downstairs. (I just typed "the patient" guess where I am! :D) There was water dripping from a small hole (like one that would be made by a screw or nail) on the ceiling next to the stairs. The water was dripping directly into a rubbermaid box that I had some yarn in...no lid on this one. So, I examined all of it and the only bag of yarn that got wet was one that had old skeins of yarn from projects I had finished. So that's good...but they were perfectly good and most of them were unused. :( There was also a roll of magnet with adhesive backing that was wet, and a couple small cross-stitch projects that I started, but never finished...I didn't like them anyway so I don't mind tossing them.

The good thing is that the water is no where near my embroidery machine or craft table.

I called the landlord and he'll come over in the morning to check it out. So he'll wake me up around noon, which is fine because I am off for the next couple days and I need to get back on to the normal day schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment