Pages

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Summer fun

I just got back from Eastern WA yesterday for a family reunion. It was actually a lot of fun, I was kind of scared that Jamaal and I would be bored. But for the most part there was good conversation. Jamaal surprised me and was talkative with my family that I rarely get to see, so I guess he's finally getting comfortable with me. :D The reunion was held at my Aunt's house in Loon Lake (just north of Spokane). Her yard is pure dust, with some sparse weeds and pokey plants. And really close to her house there was a smattering of grass. So my dogs, and my feet were filthy after a couple minutes.

It was hot, and after a couple days camping out I was miserable. I was sweaty, dusty, and HOTTT! So I decided to go for a swim in my Aunt's pool. It's a 4-foot-ish above ground pool, so it's perfect for floating and a small swim. The water was freezing at first but felt oh so good. My mom and two of my aunt's went in together, and tried to get some of the guys to make us a couple margaritas, but they wouldn't. Jamaal bucked up and gave beers to my mom and one of my aunt's, but that was all he would do. (My other aunt and I do not drink beer, so we were out of luck)

We were chased out of the pool by the little kids. They wanted to splash, and we wanted to float. I went back in later, got splashed in the face and ear by one of my bratty cousins, so I got out again. It took a couple hours for the water to come out of my ear.

There was some family drama, but for the most part it was a good time. Some of the family just wouldn't survive without drama.

Tomorrow I go back to work, I have 4 twelve hour shifts to look forward to. :(

That is the price I pay for lots of time off this month.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you had fun at the reunion! Sorry about the heat part. I'm thankful for air conditioning when its super hot, but you are out of luck when you are camping...

    ReplyDelete