Pages

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Olympics

I actually don't like the olympics very much. They bore me, and they show the same thing over and over again. And when I was young they would always be on and I would grow tired of them. I am a rare bird, people look at me funny when I say I don't like to watch them. I can read about the results on the computer in 5 minutes. And if something exciting happens, like someone breaks a bone, or a dream is shattered by a person falling, I can watch that as a video clip. Haha...I know that people might be appalled at me saying that, but seriously, how many times do you have to watch the 100m swim? You see it once, you've seen enough.

The highlights are good enough for me.

Jamaal and I are in agreement on this...

2 comments:

  1. I see what you mean and I somewhat agree. I don't much like the repetition either (like watching 7 heats of swimming) but there is always the exciting moments of the Olympics that are especially cool to catch first hand (rather than on the highlights). That is what is neat to me. Also, the gymnastics are never the same! And you get to watch for the little tiny mistakes they make. I can't remember, did you do gymnastics in jr. high with sarah jessie and I?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No I didn't. It's not like you can predict when you will find an 'exciting moment' though so you are forced to watch all the time.

    ReplyDelete