Pages

Monday, August 18, 2008

Has anyone heard of Stampin' Up?

I hadn't until a patient of mine told me about it. I have been looking into something to do on the side to earn a little money, while having fun...and my patient said that I should look into it. So I did. I went to the website and thought, this stuff looks cute! So I searched for a demonstrator in my area, and contacted her. She showed me some of the products and we discussed what it was like to be a demonstrator. I decided I wanted to try it, and so now, I'm now a Stampin' Up TM Demonstrator. Stampin' Up is not just about stamps, there are also kits for scrapbooking, as well as some home decor elements.

So what does that mean?
  • I'll be holding workshops for people. This is a party where one person acts as hostess and invites her family, friends, coworkers, etc. I will then show a card or project, and the party will make one to take home with them. (aka a make and take). It's a fun night shared among friends, and family. And the hostess can qualify for free products!! :D
  • Eventually I hope to hold a card of the month class where I have up to 6 cards displayed, and each person goes around and makes each of the cards. There will be a flat rate fee for this class that will be paid in advance.
  • I would also like to start a club with a minimum purchase, but have not decided on how much, and when it would be.
  • There will also be other events such as World Card Making Day which is the first Saturday in October (this year it is the 4th), will be a workshop held in my home. It will be a longer, come and go workshop where there is no set time to show up. I think I will have the workshop twice during the week, and the best part is that the card kits and elements are 20% off during the week! (They are kits that provide the main parts necessary to make 10+ cards, and are super cute!) The discount will be available from the 4th to 11th, and you don't have to be present to order! (I don't have my October schedule back yet so I have not decided yet on dates.)

If you're interested in looking at the catalog, it is available online. The card kits and elements are on pages 176-77. My website is here.

My website will be a great way to find out when I am having events. Also, coming soon, you will be able to order online from me!

So if anyone has any questions about this feel free to let me know.

I might start a new blog as well that is dedicated to my stamping endeavors....I just can't think of a good "On the ____" that relates to stamping...

No comments:

Post a Comment