Pages

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Summer Fun, continued...

One thing I forgot to mention (from my family reunion) was that the day I finally went into my Aunt's pool, I ended up with 15 bug bites (I counted). The next day my other aunt told me that she had bug spray in her camper. This was new information to me, I would have taken some of that spray if I knew about it.

I was also stupid and did not put on sunscreen, and ended up with a minor sunburn on my thighs, shoulders and face.

But after 4.5 margaritas, I was feeling pretty darn good. I was walking around in my bikini, with not a care in the world. :D But I was having a good time.
_________________________________

Today, my mom tells me that the "shit hit the fan" on Saturday of the reunion. The reunion was a whole week long, and I could not stay for the whole thing, so I was only there for the first half. And as I said before there are some family members that are surrounded by drama. I must first mention that one of my Aunt's and her daughters, namely her oldest, have a tendency to lie, cheat and steal.

I will call them J (my aunt) and R (my cousin). When I say "steal" I mean that they ask my grandma for money, and always receive. My grandma is naive, and gives in to their requests. R always gets fired from her jobs, but it is never her fault. (For example, the time when she beat up a co-worker, she was provoked!) And when she showed up to the reunion she had no money for laundry, had no money for gas, and had no money for clothes for her almost one year old daughter. First of all, laundry can be done in the convenience of your own home, all you need is soap, water, a sink(or bowl, or tub) and your own two hands.

Really, R just wanted money. She wanted sympathy, which was lost long ago by the rest of the family. She doesn't want to support herself and her daughter, she wants others to do it for her. I must also mention that she has a son as well, but she didn't want him and now J takes care of him. He was an unruly toddler, and R couldn't handle him (and she was surprised that he would act as he did) so she abandoned him. I noticed that she tatooed the name of her daughter on the back of her neck, but there is no tatoo for her son.

Anyway...

J is married to a young guy, and R's son accused one of my 13 year old cousins of choking him. (I don't know if this is true, but that's not important) So the guy threatened my 13 year old cousin. Which I guess went over okay, but later on that night he threatened him again, only this time he was drunk. Well my Aunt, (who is the grandma of my cousin) got offended and told the guy to leave. Well J, got pissed and said "fine we don't like it here anyway" (they recently moved in because they have no where to stay, and "no money"). R told my Aunt "F*** YOU!" and my Aunt punched R in the face. R had the guts to say it again, and again got slugged in the face.

This was a huge shock to me....I know that my Aunt has wanted to do that for a really long time, but never had an opportunity.

I'm glad I wasn't there...

Gotta love family... ;)

4 comments:

  1. Goodness! I've never really heard of these relatives of yours. So all your reunions were this exciting growing up?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You might have heard of them...but I don't really mesh well with them, so I don't like to talk about them much. This is our second year for a reunion...but there is always something with J and R...

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow your family has some good soap opera drama. My family's pretty dramatic, but we've never punched one another.....might happen eventually=).

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was a first for us too...at least I think so...

    ReplyDelete