Pages

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Problem thyroids

Well I have posted a poll on here to see what I should name the new blog. I really don't love LOVE any of them, but I suppose one would do. Hopefully someone will think of something that will just blow me out of the water, and say "I LOVE IT!"

So night shift has got me bored...I'm going to be busy here soon though, lots of things to do once 0500 hits. Which is actually a good thing for me...

Tonight I noticed that my neck is extra large. I guess I havent posted that I decided to wait on the surgery. I decided that my surgeon had a point: waiting and seeing how it goes can be better than rushing for the extreme option of complete removal of the thyroid gland. We Americans tend to go that route...reaching for the pills to fix a problem, that could be worked out with other ways like physical therapy, psychotherapy, etc.

Also, he scared me into thinking that I might have a hoarse voice, or might have a problem with my parathyroid gland if he nicked either my larangeal nerve or my parathyroid (respectively).

But tonight I noticed that my neck is really kind of large. So I need to call my thyroid doctor and schedule a follow up appointment where I can discuss with her the fact that the surgeon told me to wait. And then I need to schedule a follow up ultrasound. And since I already feel that it is enlarged, I have a feeling I'll be scheduling a surgery next year. I do not want another biopsy, that's for sure!

Meanwhile, I'm worried about it...and to tell the truth, I don't want to face my thyroid MD with an intact thyroid...she is going to tell me to schedule my surgery no matter what. I wonder if I should get a new thyroid MD...

1 comment:

  1. You should name your new blog "On the Pretty Paper"

    ...hehe, and if you don't like that, my second choice was "On the Inkpad".

    ReplyDelete