Pages

Monday, January 18, 2010

Off the pill

I asked my husband today if it would be okay if I stopped taking birth control. (Yes, I asked him via text message.) Kayleen found that pretty funny, I don't always use text messages as my communication with him. This felt appropriate, because he was at work, and I didn't want him to have to answer me out loud. His response:

"Only if you stop being mean once a month."

From the mouth of babes...

Haha. He has a point though. I realize that I get a little bit of an attitude problem when Auntie Flo comes to visit. I blame the birth control. We'll see who truly is to blame...

I don't really want to get pregnant right away. I'm going to monitor my ovulation (or not) via these test strips:

I don't recall that I've shared on here that way back when I had a problem with my lady parts. I would go without a period for 3 months or more. It was lovely most of the time, but once I became sexually active, it became way too scary. It also was not very convenient to have Aunt Flo visit without calling first. She could literally drop by at anytime, and I might not be prepared for her.

My MD recommended birth control (prior to being sexually active) to help regulate my cycle. But he told me at that time (we had some blood work done) that I might have to have a little help to become pregnant when I was ready. This has been plaguing me ever since. So now, we will see from here where this goes. Perhaps I've been regulated enough for my body to kick in and work on its own. But perhaps not. It will be difficult, but I won't be going in to the MD for help for a year. I'm going to try it on my own first. I'll let you know how it goes. :D

At this point, however, I'm not actively trying to get pregnant. But if I do, I will not be upset either. I really don't want to have a child around Thanksgiving or Christmas, as I feel like their birthday will be overshadowed by other events and make the child feel less special. A baby in February through September or October is okay though. (Late January on the 29th would be fine too, as that is Jamaal's birthday.) So that means May or later for conception.
I'm going to track my cycle for a while, and read this book:

Don't judge me, but I want a daughter. I don't want to have 3 children, so I'm going to try and follow this book, and also the Ancient Chinese Gender Chart to attempt getting a girl. That means conception in May, July or September this year. If it fails, we have another shot to try for a girl, and if that fails we'll adopt one.
I'm prepared to be disappointed, but I know that I will cry if my first child is a boy. (And since I have these feelings I'm sure that I will have a boy out of spite!) I'll love him too I swear!!

Just an FYI, I probably won't be announcing that I'm pregnant until I'm well into the 2nd trimester, unless I'm sooo nauseated I can't help but share. We'll see what happens, but don't be surprised if I'm secretive about things, as I'm nervous to be able to conceive at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment