Pages

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Awake

Night shift ruins my sleep cycle. I slept in yesterday until 1pm. Not really on purpose, I was only awake until 3:30 am. That is 9.5 hours of sleep. So last night I felt tired around 11pm, went to bed, slept for a bit, and now I'm here at 1am wide awake. I'm sure I could fall asleep if I tried a little harder, but as I was laying there my mind kept racing. I have a lot of things I want to do today. I want to get up at 9am, get dressed, eat some yogurt and by 10 meet up with my buddy Kayleen. Then after that I want to go shopping, first for some home supplies, and second for some groceries. I've been scanning cook books for some good recipes to try, and have some good ones picked out ready to be made. But I'm still not quite done with my meal planning for the week. So I still need to finalize my grocery list.

I also have been thinking about this:
Jamaal and I like coffee, but we never finish an entire pot of coffee between the two of us. We have some gift cards still to Target and to Macy's and so I've been contemplating whether or not we have enough to justify the purchase since it is pretty expensive.

I honestly believe we would drink more coffee if we had the ability to make just one cup. Not like we necessarily need it.

Most of the reviews are wonderful. There is an extra thing you can buy so that instead of using the pre-filled pods, you can put your own coffee or tea in it and it brews it for you.

The more I read about it, the more I want one....

In other news...

I went to my first water aerobics class last night. It was fun, and HARD WORK. My face was burning up midway through. The instructor was on my case a lot, correcting my movements. She made me go hard. But I liked that. I'm going again tonight.

What stinks about water aerobics is that I can't really eat right before, and it is at 7pm. Jamaal usually gets home at 6pm, and even that is a little close for me to be eating a dinner type meal. What I can do, is make food for him, and eat when I get home. I just have to plan it that way so it's ready when he gets home.

Another thing I'm loving is that the King County Library System has Ebooks. All you need to do is download Adobe Digital Editions, and the books are there for you to read. They do expire, you only get to check them out for 21 days, but I think it is amazing that you can check out books and read them, from home. Without ever going to the library. This might be a useful thing for someone with children, or for someone who has limited access to vehicles. Of course, not all books are available as an Ebook, but as it becomes more popular I'm sure there will be more offered.

My mom isn't a fan. She says: "but I like having a book in front of me, I don't want to have to look at a computer screen to read." And I definitely see her point. But it doesn't bother me.

I have checked out the following books:
-PS, I Love You By Cecelia Ahern.

This is a fiction book that was recently made into a movie. I haven't seen the movie, and don't really even know what the book is about. I just figured the movie was good (or so I hear) so the book is probably better.

-All you Need is Love, and Other Lies about Marriage By John W. Jacobs.

This is a non-fiction from a marriage counselor. I was curious about it since the title was so interesting. I thought it might be a good book to read to help prevent problems with my marriage. We'll see how it goes. I read a few pages and so far it is relatively easy to read.

And finally
-The New Moms Survival Guide: How to Reclaim your Body, Your Health, Your Sanity, and Your Sex Life After Having a Baby By Jennifer Wider, MD.

This book I realize is not necessarily for me at this moment, but it is nice to know before pregnancy, what happens afterwards. Also, hopefully I can avoid certain things like varicose veins, by wearing compression stockings while pregnant for example. (I guess I better not have a September baby, shorts and compression stockings would not be very attractive. :D) It has been an easy read thus far. I've read the most on this one.

Hopefully I can finish all three of the books before my 21-days is up! ;)

Well, now I better read a bit, and hope that I can fall asleep when I get back into bed!!

2 comments:

  1. Belly Laughs by Jenny McCarthy was a funny, fast read for me while I was in the beginning of my pregnancy. :)
    And about the coffee maker, I want one of those too! SO bad! so if you get one, please let me know how you like it, so I can continue to try and convince Sean it would be worth it :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you're reading the mom's one.... :) That's great you are getting prepared! I can't wait, CAN'T WAIT for you to get preggers.

    ReplyDelete