Pages

Saturday, January 9, 2010

My Shape

I was going to post about this after washing the dishes, but I am still getting over my workout and want to rest up first...

My mother-in-law got me "Your Shape" for the Wii for Christmas. At first I was hesitant to try it. But I'm glad I have. It is essentially a workout program that tells you whether or not you are doing the workout correctly or not. The game comes with a camera that you hook up to the Wii, and it projects you onto the TV. It tells you to "watch your arms" or congratulates you for doing a good job.

I'm realizing that I'm super out of shape, but this game is helping me to be motivated to work out. The only problem is, I don't want Jamaal to watch me, so if I don't get my workout in before he gets home, I'm not very motivated to do it. ;)

Today I did a leg routine for 30minutes and even though I was sweaty and tired, I also did the "Bikini Challenge" for 15minutes. Then after that the girls and I went for a 30-minute walk, which successfully tired them out. :D

My first workout was on Tuesday, and I stuck with it and did a workout on Wednesday. Then on Thursday I went to lie down and was shocked to find that my abs were sore. The more I moved, the more I realized I was sore all over. It was amazing to me. I'm hopeful for good results. The great part is that the workouts fluctuate according to your skill level and the area you are focusing on.

The only down side is that sometimes it will say "uh oh, watch your arms" when my arms are doing the same thing she is doing. But it helps me to focus on all parts of the exercise.

Gotta get my body in better shape and lose about 10-20 pounds before I ruin my body with baby bumps. Haha. ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment