Pages

Monday, October 6, 2008

Who needs sleep anyway?

My sleep cycle is all kinds of messed up! I worked friday night, so Saturday (my day off) I meant to sleep until noon, so that I would have most of saturday to work on WCMD prep. Well I slept in until 4:45pm. (I was exhausted...I accidentally went to work early on monday, so I worked a total of 48 hours in 5 days. Two 12hour shifts and three 8 hour shifts. For me that is a lot. I know people out there do that every week, but it was really exhausting.)

So saturday I wasn't tired again until about 3 am, and even then I kind of had to force myself to go to sleep. So on sunday morning I woke up at 630, and was pretty much awake, but laid in bed for an hour trying to go back to sleep. No dice. So I just got up took my shower and finished getting ready for WCMD. Finally at 1030 I started getting sleepy, but I knew I had guests coming at about 11. I finally got a nap in from about 3pm to 630pm when Jamaal came home.

I was starved and we ordered sandwiches from dominos, ate and talked a bit. Then I fell asleep on the couch again. We went to bed at 930, and when his alarm went off at 700 this morning I was ready to face the day again!

I got out of bed this morning around 730, and now...it's 930...i'm ready for lunch! :D I am so turned around.

Meanwhile tonight I have to work from 7pm to 7am tomorrow. So I better take a little nap before then. (Which is kind of sounding good right now)

Only 4 more night shifts until I am back on the day shift for at LEAST 3 months!! :D

The holiday schedule came out: I'm working days for all of them. I work Thanksgiving day, but have the day after off, and I work New Year's Eve and New Year's Day. That means I have Christmas day and Christmas Eve off!! :D

Last year I was on evening shift, I worked Christmas day, so we had to rush through the opening of the presents fiasco on christmas day, and then I pretty much left afterwards so I didn't really get to play with any of my new toys for a while. Goodness do I hate evening shift!

2 comments:

  1. Your schedule sounds crazy...I can't keep up=). I don't know how you do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor nurses. Its too bad people wouldn't just get sick during regular business hours!!

    ReplyDelete