Pages

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Radio, and Aubrism #2

I was listening to the radio this morning on my way home from work, I believe it was 104.9 a local country station. The hosts were asking random questions to callers, I think for fun. Questions like "Is your second toe longer than your big toe?" The questions were all rather simple. Mostly one word answers.

Well they asked "What kind of stereotype would you describe yourself as?" and the caller said something that no one quite understood. After she repeated it a couple times, the host realized she said "Sony."

Stereotype. Type of stereo. Same thing right? haha! The caller sounded young. And when the hosts laughed, she hung up. I laughed too...it was pretty funny.

It reminded me of a time when I was young. Star 101.5 was asking callers to call in with the "coolest car." Well I thought it was a contest. And I had a brilliant thought, told my mom and said I wanted to call in. So I did.

My "coolest car" idea, was an icecream truck. They didn't know what to say. And I was sad that I didn't win anything....so a part of me felt for this person who responded "sony."

The radio in the morning keeps me entertained!! :D

1 comment:

  1. ha ha, I love the ice cream truck idea! When I was younger I played with all the toy cars and had a car mat and everything and one of my favorite matchbox cars was an ice cream truck! So I would have voted for you ;)

    ReplyDelete