Pages

Monday, October 6, 2008

Tamale Bake

So here is another Aubri creation. It is something I dreamed up about a year ago, and then found out it had already been done. :D So it is really just my twist on Tamale Pie, Tamale Casserole...etc. The picture is on Jamaal's camera, which is probably with him at work right now...




Tamale Bake
Ingredients:
-3/4-pound of ground beef, browned and fat drained off
-1-15 ounce can of white beans (rinsed well)
-1-8.75 ounce can of whole kernel yellow corn, drained
-1-14.5 ounce can of diced tomatoes with green chiles
-about a half a packet of taco seasoning
-polenta "chubs"

1. Combine all ingredients except the polenta in the baking dish you will use to cook the dish. I used an 8x8 glass dish. Mix well.
2. Sprinkle the polenta on top. And if desired bury some of it on the bottom. I used the whole "chub" of polenta, but Jamaal thought it was too much. (I didn't).
3. Bake at 350 for about 20-25 minutes. Or until browned and bubbling. :D
NOTES:
-Polenta is a corn meal based product. You can buy it dry and make it yourself, or you can buy it in a "chub" haha that cracks me up everytime. Visit : http://www.polenta.net/index.htm. This specific brand is based out of Kent, WA which I find cool! (I have had that kind before and it was great, but this time I happened to be in trader joes, so it was TJ brand...)
-You can buy dried white beans and cook them first yourself...I'm lazy so I reach for the canned stuff.
-You can use ground turkey or chicken if you prefer.
-I used diced tomatoes with green chiles to add a little kick. I don't think they are too spicy, but of course you can use regular diced tomatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment