Pages

Monday, July 21, 2008

Camping

This past weekend I went camping with my boyfriend and his best friends (and I consider them my good friends too). It was quite fun. We had some good drinks, good food, and some good conversation. And we created halo frisbee (well the guys created it) and had a blast playing it. We were out of breath after about 15minutes of playing it, and only lasted 30 minutes.

We arrived on friday and it was rather late because of traffic. But we all started drinking right away and began reminiscing. Well the boys decided to talk about high school and the way Jamaal tried to date me and how I completely would not consider it. (And I always am made out to be the bad guy) Anyway the conversation quickly turned loud, and while Bret was comparing the way I treated to Jamaal in high school to someone shoving a broken baseball bat up someone's butt, the rest of us noticed a flashlight coming straight for our camp. All of us knew that it was probably a good time for Bret to shut up, but we didn't stop him. It was the park ranger. Now...on the picnic table in our camp there was 2 gallons of rum (one almost gone) 3 half gallons of vodka, 2 half gallons of flavored rum, and more in the coolers. We got chewed out for being too loud. It was 10:20, and the quiet hours were at 10:00. And our conversation wasn't "family friendly." We all got carded, and told to keep it down. After that we were all scared of being too noisy. (especially me, because I'm paranoid.)

It was a good weekend. Some exciting firsts and adventures galore.

Keep an eye out for some camping recipes in On The Menu.

1 comment:

  1. I have a blog now....I have no idea how to use it and I'm not a very patient person. It is titled In the life of an Iowan. Very Original, I know ; )

    ReplyDelete