Pages

Thursday, July 17, 2008

A few of my favorite things...Part 2

So previously I mentioned that I liked to see couples in the gym working out together because it is sweet. But I must take a timeout to say that sometimes couples working out together can piss me off.

There are two machines that exercise the hip flexors and extensors. (I think that's right...) Anyway they are a hot commodity at the gym and I like them a lot. Well I was busy doing my leg workout which includes workin on these machines. I was able to get on to one of them, but a couple (middle aged) came and started using the other. The man was on the machine I needed and the lady was on a machine next to it. They switched machines a couple times and then when I got up they moved to have one on each of the machines. Well I thought they must be nearly done with the one I needed so I went to a machine and did a set on it while I waited. I didn't want to be rude and stand right behind them. (keep in mind that they both were able to work on the machine I needed at least 2 times before I left). So I slowly did another set on this leg extension machine making sure to keep my eye on the one I needed. At about this time another girl came up and was standing behind them waiting for the machine. (And I thought to myself, CRAP! now I'm going to have to wait for her too!!) But the couple continued to rotate between the 2 machines. Another person came up to use the one I didn't need, because the man finished with his set before the lady. And the lady was like "oh I'm using that" and got on the machine. I wanted to shoot myself. They ended up working on each machine at least 10 times, and at a turtle's pace. Well I got three sets of 20 in on the leg extension, sat on the machine for a while and the girl who was standing and waiting to use the machines huffed and marched away, all pissed off like. So I got up and stood rudely waiting for the machine.

Couples like that are not cute. They are annoying. No respect for others in the gym, and no clue about how to use the machines. 3 sets is enough. Not 10 sets. And if you are going to do 10 sets, break them up and allow others to use the machines.

Lessons learned:
1. it's best to work out in the morning time. (i went to the gym after work, so was there around 5, when everyone else works out)
2. Next time I will say, may I use this machine please!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah they do not know gym etiquette apparently! That sounds frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi to a fellow nurse.
    Thanks for the comment on my blog. I hadn't thought of selling that kind of design.
    I hope ypu have a better time at the gym next time.

    ReplyDelete