Pages

Monday, July 14, 2008

Rice and Bean Burritos

A while back I made this recipe, and what I like about it is that it is very versatile. It can be made with or without beef. And vegetables can be added as desired. Also, it is easy to make and would be great as a "taco salad" type leftover the next day.


Rice and Bean Burritos
-1 cup rice (makes 2 cups cooked) I used calrose rice, so I cooked it on the stove before starting the rest, if you use instant rice you don't have to.
-1 can pinto beans rinsed well
-1 cup salsa
-1 and 1/4 cup water
-1 package taco seasoning
-1/2 pound ground beef

1. Brown the ground beef and drain. If you are using a rice that isn't instant rice, cook the rice as directed on the box.


2. In a microwave safe bowl, mix the rice, beans, salsa, water, taco seasoning, and the ground beef. Microwave for 5 minutes or until hot.

3. Serve with your choice of tortilla or wrap. Garnish with sour cream and shredded cheese.




Here is the mixture.
I used Tia Rosa Tortilla Bread and it is wonderful. It is soft and fluffy and just perfect for this dish. So far I have only seen it at Fred Meyer, but haven't looked for it yet anywhere else.




My burrito, yum!

2 comments:

  1. I made this! It was awesome! I would never have thought to do that. It was so freakin quick too. That's my kinda meal : ) Taylor thanks you too, he loved it! Thanks for sharing Aub. Keep them coming....

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! :D I think i'm going to have to make them again too, it's been a while now! :D

    ReplyDelete