Pages

Saturday, May 29, 2010

A few weeks ago...

Tuesday, April 20th

I went to work, and a fellow nurse, while walking behind me, asked "Aubri, have you gained weight?"

I looked at her with disgust, laughed and said "No." Its true. I've weighed the same for quite some time now.

I wasn't really that offended. She's done this before to others. I like her, and I really just feel she was being honest. But all of my clothes fit the same.

She said to me later that others had noticed too. I'd be lying if I said it didn't bother me. Because I do wish to lose a bit of weight. But since Jamaal and I will be trying to have a baby soon, I don't want to go too crazy.

Saturday, Apri 24th

Day 50.

I woke up in the morning for work. I thought to myself "Geeze, It's been a while since I've had my period." Last cycle was 54 or 55 days long, so it wasn't too shocking to me that it was the 50th day.

But then I remembered, last cycle I ovulated on day 40 or 41. This cycle I ovulated on the 36. So...you might assume that this cycle might be a little shorter. Like I should be starting soon.

And then, I remembered that I had spotted a bit earlier in the week. I was sure that my period was coming then, but the next day nothing.

So on a whim, I peed in a cup and dipped one of my cheap-o pregnancy tests in and started getting ready for work.

I really wasn't expecting what I found 5 minutes later. One dark pink line and next to it, very faintly, another pink line. I stared. I've taken these tests before, and a negative shows up as a dark pink line and nothing else.

I found the instructions that came with these tests, and read to see what a faint line meant. "Retake the test in 48 hours" it said.

After working 8 hours, it was tormenting me. I decided to take another test. This time one that was electronic.

It took a lot longer to process (I've taken these before, but the negative result showed up quickly.) but it clearly read "Pregnant."

That night, Bret was in town, and we met up with him to go to a bar. His sister (our waitress) asked what I wanted to drink: "Diet Coke." Bret was confused. Why not just have a drink? But he dropped it.

We planned on playing beer pong later. He asked if I was playing. I told him I had to work in the morning, so didn't want to drink.

He continued in this way...until finally Jamaal said "Her eggo is preggo." Then we explained to him to keep it a secret. I just barely found out, and want to be sure everything is normal first.

I ended up leaving early from the beer pong party. And did a little research. Since my cycles are about double the normal, I found a site that calculates due dates based on conception. If my calculations are correct, I think conception happened on April 12th. (plus or minus 4 days)

That puts my due date at about January 3rd.

No comments:

Post a Comment