Pages

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Blood and gore ahead

No kidding. Blood and gore. If you get queasy you should read cautiously. ;)

Last night I dreamt that a friend of mine (Update: since the word is now out, I've linked to her blog) was pregnant. She was near term and was getting nervous about labor. She was worried she wouldn't be able to handle the pain. (Which is funny since she's done it before.)

So, she had the obvious idea: inflict ridiculous amounts of pain on herself in order to be prepared for the impending labor.

She was going to rip her own finger off. She told me her plan, and I was frantically trying to hold her hand to prevent her from accomplishing her goal. I must have looked away for a second, because next thing I know, she had a pair of clamps in her hand ( the "clamps" were a miniature version of some tool I've seen in our garage/driveway in use before).

You might see where this is going. The clamps were what she needed to rip that finger off. Blood spurted everywhere all over my face.

Thankfully, I woke up...

When I fell back to sleep, I dreamt I was telling everyone about my previous dream. I guess I couldn't tear myself away...

2 comments:

  1. That is gruesome! Yesterday I almost did cut my finger off though. Well not really, but I was cutting cheese without a cutting board (being lazy) and I was cutting toward my hand (again something I know not to do) and I sliced my finger. Luckily it wasn't too bad. It wasn't me in your dream cutting my finger off, was it? That would be weird.

    ReplyDelete