Pages

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Appointments and Butterflies

Monday, April 26th

Today I scheduled an appointment at the St. Joseph's Women's Clinic to:

1. Verify my pregnancy.
2. Find out a little more about the Midwives working there
3. Hopefully choose one to work with during this pregnancy!
4. And if it can be arranged, go on a tour of the Family Birth Center.

I'm a little disappointed that the midwives don't deliver at St. Francis in Federal Way. I like the facility there, my sis-in-law had all 3 of her sons there so I've seen it up close already.

But, I really want a midwife.

Jamaal's grandma lives in Tacoma, so if for some reason I need to be really close to the hospital, I could stay there to be close by.

How I'm feeling:
I'm not nauseated, but I feel like I have butterflies in my stomach all the time. Food doesn't sound that good to me, I'll eat, but it just isn't satisfying. I'm so very nervous that I'll lose this pregnancy. We've told a few people, mostly because I just can't keep this secret. I feel like I want to scream it from a mountain top. ;)

But I'm so early, I don't feel comfortable sharing.

After thinking for several years now, that I'd have a difficult time getting pregnant, I'm in utter shock that it happened this quickly. So I just have this general feeling that something, like a miscarriage, will happen.

Since I wasn't planning getting pregnant this cycle, I'm certain it will be a boy. As long as he's healthy, that's fine with me. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment