Pages

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The young and the old...

Sunday, a close friend brought a beautiful bundle of joy into this world. This was the first close friend of mine to have a child.

I can't wait to meet this little miss. And I really can't wait to hear her talk and see her walk, and can't wait for funny stories, as she is sure to be way too smart for her age.

And while all of this is super exciting, and wonderful, it makes me realize how old I'm beginning to feel. I'm starting to think I'm behind, that I should be pregnant already.

I am really excited to be getting married soon...and it is coming up really quick! But I feel like soon after the wedding (no I'm not thinking on the honeymoon) I want to start trying for a baby. The thing of it is, though, that Jamaal does not have friends having babies, and I think that he is not ready because his friends aren't. Does that make sense? I feel like he already feels out of place as we will be married soon, and having a baby would just put him into outer space. Jamaal's best friend (while he was recently ready to get married) is no longer at that place. (Some women are stupid stupid cheaters.) And this worries me. I've asked Jamaal when he would be ready for a baby and "I don't know" is all I get. I want us both to want it. I don't want to push it on him.

One day I'm sure he will surprise me.

-------------_________--------------___________--------------

On the wedding front, we registered today. It was fun for me, but boring for him. He said he wanted to go though. (I wouldn't have gone without him). I let him scan. We just don't really need much, and while I think it would be nice to have nice pots and pans, he thinks the cheap ones we have are good enough. I think it would be nice to have some good knives in a block, he thinks the 4 that we have are enough. He wouldn't let me register for new plates etc, because we have some perfectly good ones...(that we bought at ross for $15). I allowed that one because I decided that they are good enough. I like them at least. And I don't want to get rid of them just because we're getting married.

Catering: We are pretty sure we're going to have a caterer now, but for a time we were ready to cater ourselves. We've found someone who doesn't add in charges for random things like cake cutting. We meet on Monday for a tasting, I'll let you know how that goes...

3 comments:

  1. I know how you feel about feeling old! You guys are all getting married, and now babies!! I feel like I'm being left in the dust! Can't wait to see you on saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still feel young, maybe because I am SO much younger than you all?? j/k I'm just not ready for a baby. Maybe its because I am around kids too much. There are women at work who are having babies and are in their 30s, so there is still time. I can understand where you are coming from. I'm glad you guys registered. I let Will scan too, it looked like fun, but he needed a job ;). I will have to check out your registry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally know how you feel=). Right after I saw Kayleen's photos I told Rion I wanted to get pregnant.....he didn't think that was such a great idea. I just feel like skipping the marriage part and having a baby!!! But then I also think about how once you go down that path it's permanent there's no going back and like my mom says "you never get a good night's sleep after you have children, you will always worry about them from that point on whether they are 2 years of age or 40 years of age it never goes away". That kinda freaked me out so just be happy about where you are right now, because you'll never experience planning a wedding and being engaged ever again=).

    Where did you register?

    ReplyDelete