Pages

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Irritations

Things that could drive a person nuts!

1. When people on bikes choose which rules they will follow. For example, they ride in the street, but only obey traffic signals when they allow them to go! If you are going to act like a car (ie, drive in the street) then follow the rules of the car. If you want to be a pedestrian, be a pedestrian (although I'll remind you that it is the law to follow the rules of a car while riding bikes on roads). There is no mixing of the two!

2. When you come out to your car after a long day at work (or shopping or whatever) and the person who parked next to you only barely left enough room for the driver's side door to open. (this happened twice in a row recently, I really wanted to leave a note, they were just rude! I didn't though)

3. When a person passes you on the freeway, only to slow down to 5 under the speed limit. Why people race on the freeway is beyond me. I am driving home, you are driving home. We are both going to win the race, I'll beat you to my house, you'll beat me to yours.

4. When patients' family members use the call light before the patient arrives to the floor. And they want something like shaving cream or ice water or something. As if we aren't already busy...there is a cafeteria downstairs, and a gift shop. I don't mind so much if the patient is there and a family member needs something, but come on now....

5. When people call me Audrey and/or spell my name wrong after I have spelled it out for them!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry I made my blog private, I wish that people who were part of it still got updates :( I just didn't want to risk having it public if I talk about my students at all...

    I've been thinking of my pet peeves, and one of them is when people leave up decorations for too long. An old woman down the street still has a plastic pumpkin on her house, Halloween was 4 months ago! And the bikers should follow the rules. When we ride, we try to abide by them, although I get embarrassed having to signal with my arm when there is no one around. Sorry those Seattle bikers are a problem!

    ReplyDelete