Pages

Thursday, February 19, 2009

"Shane's Favorite"

My oh my it has been a long time! I have had a hard time remembering to post recipes I create, and most of all, I forget to take pictures.


Well again, I forgot to take a picture, but I am going to share this recipe anyway.


First of all, I must explain that it is not my own recipe, this is something my mom made when I was growing up, and it has been a hit for me and my brother. My brother, Shane, liked it so much that it became known as "Shane's favorite." His wife also enjoys it, and really likes to eat over when mom makes it.


The best part of all, is it is simple!


Shane's Favorite
Ingredients:
-boneless, skinless, chicken breast halves. (I used 2, because it was just for Jamaal and I, up to 4 can be used and still have enough sauce left)
-1-2 tablespoons of Worcestershire Sauce
-1-2 tablespoons of milk (optional)
-2 cans of cream of chicken or cream of mushroom soup OR 1 can of cream of chicken/mushroom and 1 can of cheddar cheese soup OR 2 cans of cheddar cheese soup
-salt and pepper to taste
-Canadian bacon slices, sandwich style (these are bigger cuts than the pizza style) enough for 1-2 per chicken breast
-cheddar cheese, sliced enough to cover breast so 1-2 slices per chicken breast
-cooked rice for a side dish.


1. Combine soups in the dish you will cook the breasts in. I used a deep 8" circular cake pan, but only because my 8" square dish was occupied. They will be thick.

2. Add 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce to the soups, to thin and flavor the sauce. If it remains thick add one more. It sounds gross but once it is cooked it adds a wonderful flavor to the chicken and sauce. If it still looks thick and you don't want to add more Worcestershire sauce, add 1-2 tablespoons of milk as desired. It should not be runny.

3. Stir in salt and pepper to taste. (I used 5 shakes of my salt shaker and about 10 turns on my pepper mill.)

4. Place chicken breasts in pan, I coated them with the sauce, but only a little. Next, place Canadian bacon on each breast, and finally top with sliced cheddar cheese.

5. Place in oven preheated at 350* for 45-60 minutes, until chicken is cooked throughout.

6. Serve with cooked rice. The sauce acts as a sort of gravy that is perfect with the rice. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment