Pages

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!!

Well, every year this boy surprises me. I always think: "we aren't doing anything for valentine's day" and he comes up with something.

Last year he came home with a necklace from Zales, with a pink gem on a heart. And a bathrobe from Victoria's Secret. (When I saw the VS bag I actually thought it was something with a little less fabric, but instead it was a very comfy fuzzy robe!)

This year he said "do you want to go with me to Fry's after work?" And I said sure. Lately he's been wanting to get another flat screen tv for the upstairs. The tv we have upstairs is old and beginning to have issues turning on. We don't want a huge one, just a 32" or something. So I thought that was what we were looking for. I had never been to Fry's before, so I was kind of excited.

We looked around, picked out a game for the Playstation 3, Little Big Planet, some batteries, and at the register Jamaal pulled a piece of paper out of his pocket and said "and I need to pick up this." The clerk brought a box back, and it was a lap top for me! I am typing on it now, in the comfort of my bed.

He said that he was tired of me logging into my email on his laptop, because then he has to reenter his information. (But he also mentioned that it is good for me to have for my business, and this is true as well.)

I told him that he didn't have to spend that much money on me. And that I wasn't expecting him to do anything and he said "that's the point." He wants to do things I won't expect.

Maybe I'll blog more with this thing around...I don't have to lock myself up on the computer downstairs...I'm free to roam!

Also, the laptop is good for my embroidering (which I don't do often right now, but will be eventually). The patterns are all on cds and I can have my computer in the same room now to get patterns ready.

It was very sweet of him.

I love that guy. :D
___________________________

My eldest nephew, Wes, 10, had an indoor soccer game just down the street from us, so we went and watched him play. It was fun to see him out there. He made 2/5 goals (I think). I cannot believe how big he's getting. His shoulders are so broad! It was actually more fun to watch than I thought it was going to be. After the game, they won 5-3, he said "why are you here?"

I live right up the street, I replied. "did you just want to know where this place was?"

No, I just wanted to see you play. He didn't quite get why I was there.

No comments:

Post a Comment