Pages

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Where I've been

My dad picked me up on Wednesday, and I had packed things for work the next morning, and clothes for Thanksgiving dinner. I had some food, and things for my lunch the next day. I also brought activities to work on if I got bored. I had pillows and also Bella packed up. He was a little bit skeptical, as I hadn't yet asked him to drive me to work the next day. But he knew something was up as I was bringing a lot of stuff. :)

When we got to my parent's house, I told my mom I hadn't asked my dad to drive me to work in the morning, yet. I told him that it was her idea. They were more concerned about me driving home in the afternoon, as it was unknown how the weather would be later on. (Turned out to be fine.)

My mom and I made the pies. She did most everything, but I did cut and peel most of the apples. And I mixed up the pumpkin filling for the pumpkin pies, as well as mixed up the cherry filling. Shortly after we finished Kristina came over to visit (her parent's live down the street from mine), and we had a good little chat. :D

The next morning, my dad and I went to Starbucks. Skinny Cinnamon Dolce Lattes are my favorite right now. (I'm not a fan of sugar free vanilla or caramel, but Starbucks also carries sugar free cinnamon dolce syrup that is mighty tasty.) And during the drive to work, I got a phone call. I always love these phone calls, as I know what it means. I was offered the day off of work. I actually might not have taken it if I was driving myself, but because my dad would have to pick me up in the afternoon, I decided to take the time off. Taking the time off, also meant that I could go with Jamaal to his family's Thanksgiving dinner as well.

I was able to keep my sugars down during the day. Which was a pleasant surprise. My midwife today told me that many people had bad sugars from last week. So I'm doing well.

My mom and I successfully made a Splenda-blend Cherry pie that tasted much like a full sugar pie. My brother had a piece, I asked him how it tasted, and he said good. I then told him it was made with a Splenda-blend and he quickly said it tasted gross. ;) He couldn't tell. And honestly, I can't tell either. It tastes quite scrumptious. I have one more piece to enjoy. Maybe tonight? We'll see. I always gauge my desserts by how well my after dinner sugars are.

My mom and I kept with our tradition of Black Friday shopping at 4am on Friday. I must be honest, it was much harder on me this year, for obvious reasons. I was pretty grumpy and not as patient as normal. I didn't buy much, just a few movies and socks for Jamaal and I at Fred Meyer. We always end our shopping trip there. I only napped a couple hours before going to work from 1500-2330. So I was pretty tired when I got home that night.

Tonight is my first night back on night shift. I'll be working 4 nights in a row this week, which is going to be rough, since I only worked one evening shift last week. I'm ready for this guy to come, so that I don't have to work anymore. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment