Pages

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Tomorrow

Tomorrow is my next midwife appointment. I'm kind of looking forward to it, because I really want to know if these contractions are real or braxton hicks. I have tried to check my own cervix, but can't get up there far enough to feel. I don't know how my maternity instructor in school was able to check hers, she must have longer fingers. ;) Sorry if that grosses you out, but it is my cervix, and I am allowed to try to touch it if I want.

I'm really quite upset that they didn't check me last week. Oh well, I will request that they do so this week. I won't forget about it until I'm driving home thinking to myself...I wonder if I'm dilating at all.

Tonight I was supposed to work for 12-hours, but I woke up with an awful back ache, and I know that if I am sore now, it'll only be worse after working for 12-hours. At this point I'll still go in for the last 8-hours, but if I'm still sore, or contracting some more, I'll stay home. I just hate using up my benefit hours now and not for my maternity leave.

I have felt a few contractions, but they aren't painful, just uncomfortable. I've also had some "menstrual cramping," which I've read if you have that more than 4 times an hour you should call your provider. I've not had it that frequently, but it has woken me up during the day yesterday and today while I slept.

Speaking of sleep, I'm having a hard time sleeping lately. I wake up feeling beat up and hung over. I have to turn from side to side every hour or two, and usually have to pee every two hours anyway. Naps are my friend.

I'm hoping that my midwife will clear me to go to water aerobics tomorrow night, because that makes me feel so good afterwards. I didn't go earlier this week, only because they wanted me off my feet for the weekend. It technically isn't the weekend anymore, but, well, if my cervix is ripening water aerobics would only make it worse.

I can't wait until tomorrow morning!

1 comment: