Pages

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Wide open

As I was driving today I remembered something from way back when Riley was born. We were settling into life back at home, when Jamaal went into the back room. He immediately notice how incredibly cold it was in there. The reason? I had left the sliding glass door wide open.

It had been open for 2 nights. I was busy packing for the hospital, and opened the door to let the girls outside before we went to my parents house to drop them off. I left it open, to save time I guess. I meant to shut it, but got distracted. Jamaal didn't know what I had done, and since the girls came back in, he had no reason to check the door.

How lucky we were to come home to a house with our belongings still inside. Jamaal was not too happy with me. He had a lot of "what ifs" but I just smiled and said they didn't happen. I'm pretty glad they didn't, because as it is I'll never hear the end of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment