Pages

Monday, July 5, 2010

A work in progress.

In February (wow!) of this year I took a quilting class with a good friend of mine. I posted about it here and here. I finally pulled it out again. And all I've done thus far is add the teal polka dot fabric around the top. But that was all I needed to do to finish the quilt top. :D It is actually a bit bigger than I thought it would be, measuring about 50" by 72". So now, I'm working on the quilt back. Which is turning into a lot of math, calculations and planning. The fabric I bought for the backing I don't have enough of just by itself. So I think I'll have some of the fabrics from the front on the back. I just cut my strips, I'll begin piecing them later this week. I'll have to cut the stabilizer I bought, because it is about twice as big as I needed. But that's okay I can use the other half for a quilt about this size. :D

The quilt top draped over my couch.


A close-up of the corner.

The quilt top laying flat on the table outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment