Pages

Sunday, May 3, 2009

My dramatic thyroid

Well, you might remember me talking about my problem thyroid, but if you want a refresher course, go here! The blog entries there are listed from most recent to oldest entry so if you prefer to read them in chronological order, start from the bottom.

Well my last ultrasound was in October of last year, and like I noted before my thyroid MD wanted me to have a repeat ultrasound in 6 months. So last week, I had another ultrasound done.

I went in to speak with my thyroid MD to review the results, and she said that the right side has pretty much stayed the same, so that she is not very concerned with that. However, the left side, while it has less fluid (and is therefore smaller) there is a larger solid component, which she feels should be biopsied to verify that it is not cancerous.

When I heard that, my stomach dropped. My last biopsy was the worst experience of my life. I refuse to go back to UWMC for it. Only because I know if I go there, I will have a resident perform the biopsy, and I'd much rather have a radiologist who has done several hundred biopsies that someone who has done a couple.

So I have an appointment on Friday at 1:30. I don't know how long it will take to get the results back...but I'm pretty nervous.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the update. A second one can't be as bad as the first, right? At least I'd hope that. You'll be in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete