Pages

Saturday, November 15, 2008

It's been a while...

So just to post something, I thought I'd share my mom's potato salad recipe.

It is my favorite potato salad, for many reasons, but two are the following:
#1 it has NO onions in it.
#2 my mom makes it.

So this is a quick one for you, no real directions here:

My Mom's Famous Potato Salad
Ingredients
-Potatoes, boiled to the desired softness (firm is best) you can use russet potatoes, white, yellow or red. Remove skins before boiling, or after whichever.
-Bacon bits, (fry or bake thin, short strips of bacon)
-small cubes of cheddar cheese
-small cubes of dill pickles
-hard boiled eggs cut into cubes

The dressing is simply mayo and yellow mustard with some salt and pepper. I don't quite know the ratio, I always use the "taste test" method, meaning I dip a piece of potato in to see if it is right...it is easiest to salt and pepper the dressing before mixing with the ingredients. The color of the dressing should not be as bright as a yellow school bus, but not as pale as a cream color.

No comments:

Post a Comment