Pages

Monday, November 10, 2008

Apple, Apple, who wants an Apple?



People keep commenting on our apple trees. We have 3 right now...at the house we are renting. It could be great, except when I first noticed apples getting ripe, I also noticed holes on the apple. Every single apple had some sort of worm or bug living in it. I guess I could have sprayed them with some kind of bug killer...but that kind of defeats the purpose of having homegrown apples right? Anyway, now look at our backyard. The ground is covered in apples. And with 3 BOUNTIFUL apple trees, that sums to a ton of apples. Anyone want to come and rake them up for me? And then once raked, will you please cart them away to the nearest compost/yard waste facility? Please?

My girls, enjoying the apples. The fiber should be good for them, right? At least someone gets to enjoy them. Oh well, I guess the squirrels also enjoy the apples, the squirrels also love to bring the apples onto our porch and gnaw them to mulch.

No comments:

Post a Comment