Pages

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Quick Applesauce

Single Serving Microwave Applesauce
-1 apple cored and chopped
-1 Tbsp. brown sugar
-1 tsp.? cinnamon
-2 Tbsp. water

Mix the ingredients in a microwave-safe bowl. Cook on high for 8 minutes or until apples are cooked through. Use a potato masher (or an immersion blender like me) to mush it up. Eat warm. (Or allow to cool). I personally love my applesauce warm.

MMMmmm....

Since it was just one serving I didn't pull down my food processor. I don't have any other type of masher, so I thought, "Let's try this immersion blender. It doesn't seem to have any use for anything else." It worked well enough. I just pulsed a few times and stirred and pulsed again. I would recommend peeling the apple, because the peel did git a bit chewy. I think stove top applesauce tastes better, but this was a quick and easy alternative.

I got my applesauce fix. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment