Pages

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Baby's first photo


I finally got around to scanning the picture in from the ultrasound. I also realized I forgot to mention that during the ultrasound the little one was wiggling a little. He was squirming side to side a little bit while the tech was trying to measure. He wasn't going places, but just moving a little. It was funny. I couldn't believe how human he looks already. You can't really tell in the picture but during the ultrasound we could see the eyes, nose and mouth. I was blown away. (I just read the previous post, and I already said some of this. Just another example of my pregnancy brain at work.)

I really want applesauce right now. I think I have some organic apples in the fridge...I could boil them and blend them and make my own. Mmmmm

Back to the appointment:
Jamaal and I were in Vegas the week following conception. I have felt slightly guilty about that. My midwife made me feel a ton better by saying that the little one wasn't connected to my blood supply at that time so he won't be affected by my alcohol consumption. I really didn't drink all that much while I was there...definitely could have been worse. But now I feel less guilty about it.

Last night I pulled out my knitting needles and my "Learn to Knit" book and sat on the couch trying to learn how to knit. It was awful. The "Learn to Knit" author needs to read "Learn to Teach" because it really was terrible. I felt like an idiot, because the book says it's "easy" but it definitely was not easy to follow that stupid book.

So I decided to google knitting online. And found this website:


OMG. It is awesome. Want to learn to knit? You CAN. Know how to knit already? Want to learn different techniques? You CAN. The videos are awesome. I figured out how to knit after watching a couple times. I did it with the lady and voila! It was late when I finally found the website, so I just figured out I could knit, and stopped. But I'll start again later today, with the videos in front of me. I need to tidy up the house a little before I go back to knitting though, or the husband might not be too happy with me.

1 comment:

  1. Are you going to call the baby a "he" until you know for sure?? Your applesauce sounds great! I don't like applesauce unless it is homemade or the pieces of apples.

    ReplyDelete