Pages

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Such a klutz

I just had a wonderful lunch. I had what I'm going to call a green and white salad, and some whole wheat Naan (from Trader Joe's) with roasted red pepper hummus. Mmmm...

The salad is super easy, and probably has been done before, I just named it because I realized it was pretty colorless. I put, romaine lettuce, about 1/2 of an avocado, sugar snap peas, feta cheese and some Parmesan ranch low fat dressing (from Trader Joe's).

It was scrumptious. Though I'm not a huge fan of feta cheese, at least in this salad. It was a bit too sour for my taste. So some of it was left on my plate at the end. But I'll be making it again.

Before I was able to enjoy my lunch, I was trying (and failing miserably) to open the ranch dressing I bought today from Trader Joe's. Well, it had that stupid plastic wrapped over the top of the bottle. I tried to twist it open, but the plastic was too tight. They didn't perforate the plastic to get it started for me, so after fighting with it for a while, I finally used a serrated knife to get the plastic to tear. Then I decided to shake the bottle to get it to mix...but remember how I had tried to twist it open before?? The lid fell off and ranch went all over the cupboards and floor, and some dripped into the utensil drawer.

ARGgggg!!

My girls attacked the ranch mess, and helped to clean up a bit. But I didn't want them to drink it all...and then get sick later. So I did a lot of wiping with paper towels.

Last night I spilt my ice water all over the counter top and stove, and it even had a lid on it. I don't know how I did it...

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear about your messes. I think everyone goes through those sometimes. I think the worst is when something drops into the utensil drawer! The salad sounds like it was good.

    ReplyDelete