Pages

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Changing shifts...

Night shift here I come.

I'm really looking forward to it.

Today was my last day shift, and my last day working with a Senior Nursing student. She took all three of our patients and did most of everything independently (with supervision and with some help here and there). So today was a wonderful day. I love when I have time to help others at work. When I am searching for something to do. I went around asking everyone if they needed help, and since we were a little overstaffed for our usual load, everyone else was doing okay as well.

It's funny though. There are a couple people that I get annoyed with when they ask me to do something. I need to work on that. But I feel like they don't use me when I offer, but near the end of the shift, when I have things to do again, they expect me to drop everything to help them. Also, some of them always seem to be just charting all day, and will hand out tasks to me every time (when it appears that they could definitely get off their butts and do it just as easily as me.) I've learned to always ask them last. ;)

Night shifters work together a bit better, and I seem to have a few more "friends" there. Though there are definitely some of my favorites on days as well.

I just hope I get a full time night position soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment