Pages

Monday, January 12, 2009

Important Wedding Updates

Saturday night I worked a 12-hour night shift. That means that on Sunday I got home at 0800, and went to bed shortly after. I had to drag myself out of bed at 1230 because I had an appointment at 1400, and a second one at 1700.

It turned into an exhausting Sunday.

The first appointment was with two photographers. They are a woman/man pair and they shoot the wedding together. My dad has worked with the man before, his name is Tom. The woman's name is Lynne and they do really good work. They both work for Boeing and do photography as a side gig. A lady my dad and Tom worked with used them for her daughter's wedding and she told my dad that it was wonderful. They were really happy with the photos.

So after meeting with them, and embarrassing myself many times r/t (sorry I just realized that perhaps you don't know the abbreviation for "related to") a lack of sleep, we decided that we would go through them for our photography. Such a weight has been lifted! :D

I am loving them because they have some really awesome photos, and are the cheapest I've seen , only because they do not make prints. However, Costco does a fabulous job, and we have the liberties to the photos so it will do just fine! :D AND they are throwing in our engagement photos for free!! :D I am so excited. I had decided that we didn't need to have any engagement photos, because of the cost. But I'm glad we will be having some now! :D

View their work: McRob Photography

So that appointment lasted about an hour. We had 2 hours to kill, and because the next stop was a caterer also located in Renton, we decided to stop for a snack somewhere. Mom and I were really hungry, neither of us had eaten. (The boys both don't really eat regularly so they were fine) We settled on Round Table Pizza, and us girls had salad bar, and we all had a drink. (soda) We sat and chatted to kill time, and arrived a little before 5 at the caterers. It was an "open house" taste test. They should have required a sign up for a time slot, because it was really crowded and there weren't a lot of chairs! We got there early enough so that we had four chairs together. It was pretty good food. We enjoyed the prime rib, and the pork roast. They were very very juicy! We also liked the green beans. Jamaal liked the salad (I would have if it was a different dressing because it was balsamic vinaigrette, and I'm not a fan...). I found out that I like salmon! It was a huge event for me. Mom didn't like it, she said "it tastes like fish." Usually I say the same thing but I really liked it this time. I'm kind of excited about cooking some later, and getting it at restaurants... :)

We wouldn't have had salmon at the reception anyway, mostly because of the price, but also because of the fact that many people do not like salmon! Including Jamaal, and my parents. (Well, my dad does like salmon, it just has to be cooked on the grill for him to like it) Since it was free, though I wanted to try it. And I'm glad I did! :D

Anyway, I'm not sure that this caterer is what I am looking for, but they are an all inclusive caterer, which means that they don't add on the price of plates, linens etc...it is already figured into the price. I am finding that caterers like to add on charges and fees for many different things. It is very frustrating.

We are meeting with them on Thursday to get an estimate of the price and figure out what we want to serve.

After that my parents dropped Jamaal and I off at home, and we were both very tired people...

Officiant, Caterer, Videographer?, Tuxes (I do have a plan, but haven't picked them out), Flowers, Decoration rentals, Sound equipment (a friend of Jamaal's dad will be our DJ), Invitations, Honeymoon accommodations, Dress, Venue, Wedding party, DJ, wedding cake, White lights for decorating the venue, Photographer

3 comments:

  1. Your photogapher looks good! Glad to hear you found a good one for the right price! Our photographer was the same way, where we simply got them printed ourselves. It is really the way to go & it is so much cheaper. : ) Don't get any printed at walmart though, mine didn't turn out there. Also make sure your photographer prints you a release form so you can have another place print them. Some places will ask for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They already told us about the release form! Done and done! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you got to check more off your list. I am also happy to hear you like salmon. I LOVE salmon, but it is tough to find salmon that is good here in Eastern WA. I have a recipe for a brown sugar sauce that you bake the salmon in, it is delicious. It is basically brown sugar and lemon juice. You could try it sometime.

    ReplyDelete