Pages

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Get back to work...

Cute, confused, elderly patients make my job exciting. Because my patient (yes, singular...) has been confused and getting up and down out of bed, I am the nurse, and nurse assistant and constant observer. (constant observer, or CO basically means you need to stare at the patient and watch their every movement. I'm right at my patient's doorway, listening and watching for any movements.) It's a good thing I took keyboarding in junior high, so that I can type and look at something else at the same time!

Tonight is my first night back. I'm now on nights officially until February 1st. I'm dreading this month of night shifts, only because I get so exhausted and lazy. I sleep the day away and don't go to the gym very often.

I have a new thing I'm trying though. I drew little circles on my calendar on the days when I have no excuse to avoid the gym. This means that if I am only working an 8 hour shift, or not working at all, I really should go to the gym for at least 30 minutes. The days when I work a 12 hour shift, I have an excuse and don't have to go to the gym... ;) So far so good, two circles have been successfully marked off. My trainer gave me a 3 month goal setting sheet, that I'm supposed to fill out, and look at it everyday. He was excited for me when I told him I was engaged, and he said "this 3 month goal sheet will be perfect for you!" It is scary how close June really is....

Mind you, I already have my dress and it fits me now (well except a few alterations, but where it counts, it fits. So I'm not really trying to loose 10 inches...but I would like to feel better about myself in my bathing suit. (and my dress is a corset style so it ties up in the back, meaning that if I did lose a little, all will not be lost!) Mostly my goals are to go to the gym when I don't have a decent excuse not to go. To drink lots of water. And to eat a few more vegetables and fruits on a daily basis. When I come to work I always have (unless I need to grocery shop) a banana and perhaps a citrus fruit or apple. I don't always eat them, but they are there. I don't typically eat veggies except for those in my frozen meal, or in my left overs from the night before. My goal is to buy and eat salad close to daily. If not salad, then something else like carrots etc.

I am going to make a veggie soup, with some meat and barley later this week. (at least I hope to) So stay tuned for the recipe and the review. It might end up being next week depending on whether I am up to cook on my 12 hour nights.

Jamaal was sick on Tuesday, he came home early even! so he had soup on Tuesday night, and yesterday (Wednesday) I asked, do you want tomato soup? and he said no, I can eat real food now. So he might not be up to some homemade soup later tonight. We'll see. It sounds really good to me right now, because I am freezing cold! I have a jacket on, and grabbed a warmed blanket to wrap up in...and still I am getting chills. There is air blowing on me, and that is the problem right now. But it can also be the fact that I'm not used to being awake at this hour!

I really should have taken a nap...I've been awake since 10AM 1/7!!

--------------------------------------

On the wedding front, I realized yesterday that perhaps some stores still had Christmas lights for sale, and perhaps they had white only lights....perfect for decorating our reception site. I asked my mom if she had seen lights at any store lately, and she said she didn't know, but she would check later on.

I got a call later from her, and she said that she didn't find anything at Target, found some lights at Joann's in the wedding aisle (which she noticed were white lights with white wiring) but they were $3.99. She thought about going to Fred Meyer, but changed her mind and went to good ole Walmart instead. There, she said, she found tons of lights. She was piling them in her cart. Then she realized that the wiring was green on the white lights, and asked my dad to help her find lights with white wiring. Which they found. She said she bought close to 25 strings of lights, a couple red ones, and one multicolored, all with white wiring for $0.60 a piece!! :D What a great deal!!

Officiant, Caterer, Photographer, Videographer?, Tuxes (I do have a plan, but haven't picked them out), Flowers, Decoration rentals, Sound equipment (a friend of Jamaal's dad will be our DJ), Invitations, Honeymoon accommodations, Dress, Venue, Wedding party, DJ, wedding cake, White lights for decorating the venue,

4 comments:

  1. Hey! I'm glad there are so many items crossed off the list!!! What's the best time to call you with you working nights? I want all the fun wedding details so far=)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Usually anytime after 5pm. Tomorrow and saturday night, however I work a 12 hour shift, so you are limited to about 6:30pm, when I usually am close to getting to work and getting ready for my shift. I try not to sleep forever, so I like to get up by 3pm if I am up to it, but sometimes I hit snooze until it's like 5pm...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Aubs! I noticed you had a question mark by the videographer. Are you not sure if you want one? I really wish we would have gotten one. Or at least assigned a friend to video tape some of the wedding. It makes me said that I have nothing to actually watch and only have pics to look at. Just a thought ; ) Hope nights gets better for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know I want a videographer, I don't know if I can afford a videographer. They are all sooooo expensive...

    ReplyDelete