Pages

Thursday, January 1, 2009

First Post of the New Year!

So I had a very uneventful new year...

I grilled chicken breasts and had some pretty awesome fettuccine alfredo, with some garlic bread (frozen kind cooked...because it is easy). We played some rock band, and then I started reading "Mulan" (Memoirs of a Geisha). When the previews were out for the movie, I thought that it was a human version of Mulan the Disney movie...Jamaal still makes fun of me for it. You know how the title of the movie is at the end, well the preview reminded me of Mulan, and I said "They're making another Mulan!?" and got REALLY excited...so Jamaal and I call it Mulan still...

I read up until about 11:30pm, and had to set my book down because I was tired. Jamaal was playing games on his phone. So I made sure to check the time periodically. I happened to check the time at midnight exactly, gave Jamaal a kiss, and went to sleep. I was out quick too: I missed a text I got at 12:08...that is ridiculous I think...

______________

Wedding updates:

I have settled on June 6th, 2009. It is the only date that means anything to us. It will be our 4-year anniversary. That means that I have about 5 months to get things done...

I know I want to make my invitations, I don't know that it will be much cheaper this way, just more personal. I have my mom, aunt, and sis-in-law (at the very least) to help me make them.

I have been registered at theknot.com for a while now, and a day after Jamaal proposed, I got an email saying: "save $2 and get a free gift if you buy your wedding show tickets now" so I quickly asked my mom if she wanted to go with me. It's this Sunday that we are going, so how perfect is that??!

We have reserved a place to have the ceremony and reception at, it was a very stressful event, but my mom and I went and looked at the place first, it was the first and only place we checked out...but for the price it is a pretty good deal.

My mom said that we could rest until after the wedding show, which I agreed to, because we want to see the deals people have to offer.

I just wish I had unlimited funds, it would make this wedding thing a lot easier...

2 comments:

  1. Yay that's great you have a date picked out for sure. So soon! The time will go by really fast for you :)

    Let me know if you need any help or advice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How was the Wedding Expo? I always wanted to go to one, but Will proposed in Feb, so I'd missed it for the year. I agree, having unlimited funds would be nice. I think they jack the prices up for everything wedding related!

    ReplyDelete