Pages

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Midwife Appointment

I had another appointment with my midwife today. I also had my 1-hour glucose tolerance test, and hopefully I passed it. Last appointment (not this one) I was spilling a little bit of sugar in my urine. Which is usually a sign of gestational diabetes. However, I had only eaten a (rather large) bowl of...Fruit Loops...for breakfast that day, right before the appointment. Oops. ;) They didn't say I was spilling sugar in my pee today though, so I'm guessing it was the Fruit Loops fault last time.

I got my Flu shot today. And my midwife said if I don't start to feel better soon, to call her so she can get me something to take to make me get better faster. I'm guessing an antibiotic, but not sure. I do feel like I'm getting better though every day. I am exhausted right now, though because I slept for maybe 5 hours thus far. I'm going to go lay down for a bit after I'm done with this post.

My midwife said that I'm measuring small for what she would expect at this stage, so she wants to get another ultrasound in 3 weeks just to make sure he's growing okay. She thinks it is probably related to his positioning, but doesn't want to take a chance. It's funny, because I feel huge. ;)

Today, my mom went with me to the appointment because Jamaal couldn't get the day off of work. I asked her today to be in the room during the birth. She agreed to, but said if she gets queasy she will leave. I told her that she probably won't because it is so much different than just seeing a bloody mess, plus she doesn't have to look if she doesn't want to.

After the appointment we went to Target to finish up my registry. I registered at Baby's R Us already, which has so much more than Target does, but Target is a bit cheaper for some things, so I doubled up to give people options. It was a much quicker trip than the one we took to BRU...which ended up being over 2.5 hours.

Last night at work I was seeing if I could hear his heart beating with my stethoscope. I was pressing kind of hard on my belly, and he would punch or kick the spot that I was pressing on, as if to say "Leave me alone!" He is already feisty and hasn't even been born yet. He must take after his father... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment