Pages

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

More Dreams

I had a couple memorable dreams last night. First of all, my middle nephew who is now 10(!) was driving a minivan full of people. I was nearest to the front of the van, and panicking. Everyone else was telling me to relax. The issue I had was he had really stubby legs (in my dream) that didn't reach past the seat. (In reality he is nearly as tall as I am). I was freaking out that he needed to have his feet near the pedals just in case we needed to stop suddenly....or at all. For those of you who have lived nearby, he was driving us onto North I-5 from 320th, taking the really big curve of an on-ramp. We nearly hit one of the pillars as we came out of the turn. I don't know if that is when I woke up or if the dream just stopped there...or maybe I don't remember what happened next. But oh my goodness was it scary. Especially imagining him in that sort of capacity...

The other dream I had started out as the State had no teachers to teach in our schools. So, they did a raffle and my name got picked. Since I was also a State worker, I had to do as I was asked. I wasn't going to lose my salary, and since I was pregnant in my dream as well, I decided I could do a semester of teaching. I would stop at winter break and stay home until expected to go back to the hospital. I was okay with it at first, and then I began thinking about what I would teach, and how I had no idea what I was doing. Then I was really stressed out. I found out that I was to teach Kindergarten. I got a few classes during the first week of school to learn how to teach, and then was expected to do it on my own. I planned to call up Jess to see if she would lend me anything she had from her Kindergarten experience last year...I never got that far. I hope that she would help me out. Could you imagine teaching with absolutely no training at all?? Haha...it was then that I looked through a brochure of schools and decided that my children would go to private schools since the State was using anyone they could get their hands on. ;)

*             *             *             *             *            

I still have a sore throat, but at the moment my nose is pretty clear. I usually get worse as the day goes on, but I think I'll try and do water aerobics tonight. Then I'll go to work. I'll still be wearing a mask at work, but I don't feel too horrible right now. Hopefully I'm on the mend. :D

1 comment:

  1. Oh no Aubri! I can't believe there was a raffle and that you were selected to teach kindergarten! Our education system would be pretty messed up if that was how teachers were chosen. Not that you wouldn't do well, but imagine that just anyone could be selected. And of course I would help you if you ever found yourself needing to teach kindergarten.

    I hope you make a full recovery soon! I can't wait to see you in a few weeks.

    ReplyDelete