Pages

Friday, October 1, 2010

I'm still here, I swear.

Okay. Okay. I owe some people a belly photo. I keep forgetting to have my husband snap one of me. Tonight, when he gets home from work I'll try to remember. Although this might be tricky because I have signed up for some extra shifts at work. I was given 8 nights off of work (with a day class on Monday) in a row, something I didn't ask for. So I decided to fill it in a bit with some extra shifts. I only signed up for 4-hour shifts. However, they did not put me on the schedule, so I don't know yet if I'll be going in or not. I'll call them after 1400 to check in.

I can't believe it's been over 2 weeks since I last posted. I guess I just have not been inspired. Maybe? I'm not sure.

Yesterday we had our follow up ultrasound. He is weighing in at about 2lbs 4 ounces right now. I have a feeling he is going to be a big boy. His heart rate was nice and strong at 146 beats per minute. And, the placenta is no longer low lying. :D That makes for a very happy mom and dad. I really was worried about it being low lying for other reasons too. I do not want to have a c-section. I've seen it happen, and it is not for me. Of course if I have to, I will, but as of right now, I do not have to have a c-section. As of right now, his head is down, but he still has a lot of room to flip around.

Last night we met with Jamaal's cousin, and dad to see The Karate Kid at the discount theater by our house. Only $2 per ticket is such a great deal. I imagine that when our little one is old enough to go to movies, we will choose this theater over full price since children can be very unpredictable about how they are going to behave. :D Also, people don't get as angry if you talk or make noise in this theater since it is so cheap.

I really liked the movie. Little Jayden Smith looks sooooo much like his daddy it is ridiculous. He is a good actor too. This was the first Karate Kid movie that I have ever seen. Jamaal was slightly disappointed in me. So, as we were going to bed, he picked the original The Karate Kid to stream instantly from Netflix. I fell asleep before the end, so I'll have to watch it again, but I liked the new version better (from what I've seen so far.)

I have a couple projects that I need to really get started working on, which means I need to make a trip to JoAnn's for a couple things. Maybe I'll post pictures of my progress. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment