Pages

Monday, April 6, 2009

2 months to go!

Well unfortunately I did not make that April 1st deadline to send off our invites. But we are really close now. My dad has been addressing envelopes and getting things ready to be sent out. Jamaal's mom wanted to send his side of the family's invites out, to help with the cost of postage. It was very nice of her. My mom thinks we have enough invites to go around...it was looking like we were going to need to make some more...which we were not looking forward to! (After embossing and stamping for 120 invites...it was not going to be fun doing it all again...)

I have settled on a bartender so now I will be looking for alcohol to serve. We are going the classy way and serving drinks in keg cups. If we're lucky our champagne toast will be in plastic flutes, but only if I can find them for cheap. Otherwise little plastic cups here we come! Heck grab a bottle!

Jamaal and I are paying for the booze, so it should be interesting....

Now I need to look into party rentals and flowers. And that is pretty much it on the big stuff that needs to be rented in advance. Jamaal's dad is working on the sound equipment.

I'm starting on designing my thank you cards and working on the wedding favors. I'm pretty excited about that.

TWO Months to go!!

I just cannot wait to go to Disneyland! :D

And...in other news. We've pretty much decided that we are buying a house this year. With the $8000 tax credit my mom thinks we will regret it. It is a buyers market after all.

Videographer,Officiant, Caterer, Tuxes, Flowers, Decoration rentals, Sound equipment (a friend of Jamaal's dad will be our DJ), Invitations, Honeymoon accommodations, Dress, Venue, Wedding party, DJ, wedding cake, White lights for decorating the venue, Photographer, Bartender

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear planning is going well. I look forward to my invite, especially after a disappointing Tuesday grocery store ad (our only piece of mail). ;) Also, good thinking on the house. That is the same boat we are in. It is the right time to buy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would buy a house this year! Im watching BRAND new two story homes by me, I know wayyy out here, sell for 206k!! That is unreal! Sean and I bought when the market was high :( But we had a fixed mortgage, so its ok. Just no equity. Oh well! :P
    Best of luck :)

    ReplyDelete