Pages

Friday, April 17, 2009

Bacardi, the Gourmet

This is the first post in a 3 part series. (that is how many I foresee in the future...but there could be more these girls are always surprising me!)

First of all, my dogs are my babies....you probably know this if you've been following my blogs for a while, or if you know me on a personal level. I talk to them like children. Sometimes, I swear, they understand exactly what I'm saying. Other times I know they haven't a clue what I'm talking about, but they are trying. These girls are mighty fine actresses. They can sense when I'm sad, or angry, and they attempt to make things all better. Most of the time they succeed.

But these girls are definitely not perfect. And so, I present to you the first in the 3 part series:

Bacardi, the Gourmet

My youngest pup has a very refined taste. She skips over chewing on perfectly good dog toys for some of our most prized possessions. And some, not so prized, possessions.

I thought for sure that I had posted previously about something she did that horrified me. I was going to a conference for Oncology nursing, and accidentally forgot my cell phone at home. I missed it a lot, because I was bored frequently during the conference and wanted to text/check my email/play games on it. Well, the first thing I saw when I got home, was the back cover of my phone on the kitchen floor, with my two barking dogs. I knew that was not a good sign. My stomach dropped. And I paused at the door. I didn't want to look. But what I found, was my cell phone, with 3 critical hits. Bacardi had bit hard on 3 of the buttons that control the phone, so that the phone was now confused and would not turn on. I cried. It was traumatic. My $300 phone was ruined. Now I am using my old Samsung Blast, and it lacks, well, everything.

. . .

The reason I started this post is because it seems that Bacardi knows what to eat to make me the most upset. It is her way of saying "Mom, stop leaving me home alone. I miss you too much."

She has begun targeting certain items, specifically, measuring cups and spoons. We used to have some nice silicone measuring cups and spoons, and now I am left with only the 1/2 cup measuring cup. That's it. Jamaal had some measuring cups from when he lived in an apartment at the beginning of our relationship, and the only one surviving is the 1/4 cup measuring cup. That means yesterday when I needed 2/3 cup of flour, I had to estimate. I wish that at the very least I had a 1/3 or 2/3 cup. At least that way I could be closer when I'm trying to estimate...no treat making here for a bit. The worst part of all is that she has learned how to open the drawer. She knows where the measuring cups are kept and specifically opens that drawer!!

I'm hoping that I'll receive a new set today at my shower, I hinted to my mom, and we registered for some. At the time, we had most of the cups, they just had a few nibbles on the handles and such, but since then she has destroyed the majority of them all. She also enjoys nibbling on pancake turners and ladles etc...and any new cups/spoons we get, will be stored in a cupboard far away from Bacardi's little nose....

No comments:

Post a Comment