Pages

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Oh how I love to cook on the grill!

Just a mild rant...

Jamaal used to work with a guy named Slavo. He is a mechanic and a very good worker (most of the time). Jamaal made an agreement with Slavo, allowing him to use our garage, to work on a car or two, in exchange for working on a couple of our cars for Jamaal. He did a few of the jobs that Jamaal could do, but didn't want to because of how much work it was.

Well Slavo has been walking all over us. He was showing up at our house at 2 AM, driving loudly up the driveway, that goes right under our bedroom window. Working on cars all night. Revving engines at 4 AM...it was awful. Jamaal told him that "business hours" are from 9 AM to 9 PM. Which Slavo followed for a few weeks, but slipped a couple times so Jamaal told him that he had a month to get his stuff out of our garage, yard, and storage shed.

Now to my rant....

Jamaal has a heater that is powered by propane tanks in the garage. Jamaal made the mistake of telling Slavo he could use it one night when it was really cold. We have two tanks, one for the garage, and one for the barbecue. Well, one day I noticed that the propane tank was missing from the barbecue, and Jamaal said "I told Slavo he could use it, because it was cold out." And of course both tanks were empty. I was upset because I had planned to use it, and so Jamaal was guilted into going out to fill a tank for me.

Well again the other day I noticed the propane tank was gone from the barbecue. The one we had filled for ourselves. This time Jamaal did not give him permission. Well a day or two later, the propane tank that had previously been in the garage was hooked up to the barbecue.

I asked Jamaal if he had done it, and he said, "No." So I asked, "do you think he refilled it and put it back?" Jamaal of course, did not know.

Well tonight I wanted to cook some brats on the grill, and so I opened the propane tank, and lo and behold it was empty! What kind of person takes a basically full tank, and replaces it with an empty one?? I was very upset. Jamaal knew I wanted to use the barbecue, so he had gone into the garage to get the second tank, and stored it in the house. Fortunately it was not empty. But now the tanks will be stored in the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment