Pages

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Honeymoon here we come!

Jamaal and I decided that Disneyland would be a good honeymoon for us. We were debating on that vs. a cruise. (I also wanted to go some place tropical, but Jamaal isn't sure that he would enjoy that. Jamaal is someone who likes to do activities. He doesn't want to do nothing. I want to just lay on a beach and relax and talk, and drink...but that is not his idea of fun.) I think eventually he will want to do that with me, but he's not at that place right now.

So we were trying to figure out Disneyland vs. a cruise. Both options have a lot of activities to be done. And both can be about the same price. (Usually the cruise was a bit more expensive). The deciding factor was that we realized that on the cruise we would be paired with other couples at dinner. We would have to sit with random people, and actually talk with them...we did not want to be forced to be social....

Sounds terrible, but we aren't interested in being nice to other people and making friends on vacation...if it happens that's fine, but we don't want to be forced into that situation. So Jamaal and I decided we would go cruising with friends later on instead. We think it would be more fun that way.

Since we decided on Disneyland, we also decided that we wanted to stay someplace nice. But that meant that our 8-night trip became very very expensive very quickly. So I had an idea, we would stay at someplace cheap for 4 nights, right across the street from Disneyland, and then the last 4 nights we would stay at a nicer place right on the ocean. However travelocity was not allowing me to do this. It was very frustrating and annoying...and all of the decisions were very tough. SO I decided to speak with a travel agent. I went to DougFox in "the commons" and talked with a travel agent, and booked our honeymoon just like that. I was so relieved to get what I wanted...and now we have a vacation planned!! :D

2 comments:

  1. Disneyland will be fun! You get a nice long Honeymoon too which is nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember everytime I would start stressing out about the wedding, I would go to my happy place (daydreaming about the Honeymoon) and it would get me through. Glad to hear you have plans made! Yes, I am planning on coming to your wedding and I am so excited! Granted a little someone helped me make that decision, I am eager to see you all the same. P.S. I think you should work in Peds! I've seen you interact with kids, you would love it. It's natural to have a fear or uncertainty starting something new but that is why they have orientation : )

    ReplyDelete