Pages

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Caught in a heat wave

Baking up a storm. The hottest day of the summer so far, (I'm not sure if that is true, but it sure felt like it!) and I decide to bake. :)

I blame my parents, because they dropped off their dog and with her came 3 close-to-overripe-bananas. The problem with this (as I like to eat speckled bananas) was that I already had 2 of my own on my fridge. So, I was forced to make some banana bread, and to change things up a bit, some banana chocolate chip cookies. IF the cookies are good I'll post them here. :) I've talked about the way I make cookies before, but if you need a reminder go here.

At this very moment I have a bowl of chocolate chip-banana-oatmeal cookies waiting to be scooped up, 4 small ramekins (and one medium sized) with Smitten's banana bread ready to bake, and my Kitchen-aid mixer bowl with a double batch of chocolate chip cookies. We ran out of chocolate chip cookies a couple weeks ago, and since I was already making a mess of my kitchen, AND making cookies my husband will not eat, I figured I better make him his favorite, too.

It has been too hot all day to even think about actually baking anything though. Once I sign off here, (and the little nugget is in bed) I'm going to start scooping the banana cookies. One problem with baking in a hot kitchen, is the dough gets too soft and gooey, the banana cookie dough has been in the fridge for longer and should be firm enough for me to scoop (then place on a cookie sheet) and into the freezer they will go!

There really is no other way to bake cookies. I love having frozen dough balls on hand! :)

I plan on freezing the mini banana breads and pulling them out for Riley and I to share (or for me to take to work) depending on my mood. :) I'm so happy that I have a deep freezer now. Oh that husband of mine sure spoils me!

1 comment:

  1. Yumm!!! Those all sound so yummy, and would go perfectly with my cup of coffee this morning! :)

    ReplyDelete