Pages

Monday, March 26, 2012

7 quick takes...

1. I just realized I've sort of dropped off of the face of the blogging world...again. Oops. Didn't mean to. But these things, they happen. ;)

2. Last weekend was my birthday. My husband and I made a quick trip down to Portland to visit with his (and my) friend. We went with a few other people, so I didn't really have time to visit with MY friend. Sorry Kristina, wished I would have had time to visit with you.

3. This week I will begin making invitations for Jamaal's Grandma's 80th birthday. I am nervous and excited to see how they turn out. I've done a practice version to figure out the dimensions I will need, and it seems pretty simple actually. Thursday my MIL will come over to help me get started on making them. Mostly, I think she will be in charge of the little tyke. :)

4. I have been busy making new recipes lately. Mostly I have inspiration from Pinterest. But, I also had to get creative. I took a couple ingredients and Googled recipes with those ingredients. I made a pretty tasty Cottage Pie (Shepard's Pie made with ground beef instead of ground lamb), some bacon wrapped chicken tenders, and a Potato and bacon torte. All were good. I plan on writing out the recipes, but don't know when that will happen. :)

5. I have finished my online training for Weight Watchers, now I get to do my in house training, and I am a bit nervous. The unknown certainly is a bit nerve wracking isn't it?!

6. I am a bit obsessed with Draw Something, a game app I have on my phone. (If you have an android or I-phone you should check it out. But consider yourself warned, it is addicting!) Unlike some other games you play with friends, it isn't really competitive. In other words, you don't really beat the other person. The whole point is to draw something and the other person guesses the word. The nice thing is that the guesser has some clues: the length of the word, and the letters (with some extras to throw them off). I crack up laughing most of the time while drawing or guessing. And, sometimes it is funny to watch the other person trying to guess my drawing. The longer they take, the worse my drawing usually is. :) The app sucks the life out of my phone though.

7. Our house is a disaster area at the moment. We went out of town for the weekend, and when we left it was already a little messy. Now it is in disarray. I wish I had the next couple days off so I could organize and tidy up. But alas, I have to work the next couple days. :( Oh well. The good news is when I get home tomorrow it will still be light out, so I should have some energy left in me to get a little tidying in. :)

Happy Monday To you all!

2 comments:

  1. Hey busy lady!

    Get in contact with me soon. I have a bday present for you!!! Plus I miss you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you hear you are experimenting with different recipes. I'm looking forward to the recipes!

    ReplyDelete