Pages

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Baby fever?

I have been getting strong, strong urges to get pregnant as of late. I think it is mostly because three (three!) of my close friends are expecting. It is enough to make a girl feel a pang of jealousy, at least for a moment. It is a bit selfish of me to be just a touch sad that they are pregnant and I am not. (But, I truly am so very excited for each of them! :D)

I was walking through Safeway the other day, alone for a change. And saw a young girl who was pregnant. I thought to myself, "I wonder if she knows how much her life is about to change for the better?!" And I really had to hold myself back before I went up to talk to her about her pregnancy and congratulate her.

But I also had this urge to thank her. Who knows how old she really was, but she looked as if she could still be in high school. Or possibly just recently graduated. But she did not appear much older than 20. Even if she doesn't keep her baby, her child was given the gift of life. And as I walked through Safeway, I couldn't help but smile.

I held back so as not to freak the girl out, but I really do wonder what her story was. I'm curious if any of my feelings were warranted, and if she ever did think about her options when she found out she was pregnant. Whatever her story, seeing her rounded belly made my day a little brighter.

And yet, I am quite happy with my two boys (my husband and son). And, maybe some will think I'm being selfish, but I'm quite happy reuniting with my old body; wearing my old jeans from high school. And having my body to myself again, (read: no longer breast feeding.)

And okay, I also have something secret that I will share later this week. And that secret thing, is just another reason why I want to wait a bit. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment